Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Fishing Turns as Hot as the Weather.....Bass, Blues, ALBIES

 

I'm about to grab a schoolie that was caught from
the kayak this morning.  The fishing all over RI
was hot as the weather today!

The RI saltwater scene just took a dramatic turn for the better.  Along the oceanfront, a lot of that bait that was off the shore has moved in, possibly driven in by albies as the albie fishing has taken a big turn for the better with fish showing in a wide swath of the oceanfront today.  Also, fishing for stripers and blues have seen an uptick in the last day or two.

The Bay fishing is still as hot as the weather if you can find the bait.  I was out this morning in my kayak and found massive schools of peanut bunker in one location.  Stripers and bluefish were blitzing them on and off. In some places I could look down from the yak and see schools of baby bunker three feet thick. I scored big numbers of bass and blues using a Rebel Jumpin' Minnow.

So, I believe that fall run of fish and bait has finally started here in RI.  It took a while, but here's hoping the hot action continues.  Now, if we could get a little cooler weather that would be great!