Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Banner Night on the Slug

 I hit a banner evening of fishing tonight in the Bay.  I've thrown in the towel on the oceanfront fishing, and have been fishing the Bay for the past week.  While I was getting a few fish here and there in the Bay, tonight was a different story with some very good numbers while fishing a Slug-go.  

I've written many times about fishing the Slug-go.  I think it is easily one of my top 5 lures.  If there's a striper around, it will more than likely hit the Slug-go or at least give it a follow.  They just can't resist the darting and dipping action.

I was using a 7 1/2 inch white Slug-go tonight.  That size is my favorite in Narragansett Bay.  I rig it with a size 5/0 wide gap worm hook. I don't weight it. I twitch the rod tip to give it action while reeling slowly and stop it every once in a while.  I get many hits on the stop.

All of tonight's fish were decent with a combination of equal numbers of hefty schoolies and slots. 

The 7 1/2 inch white Slug-go delivered good numbers of
stripers this evening in the Bay including this slot fish.