Monday, September 5, 2011

100,000 Hits!

We hit a real milestone this week at RI Striped Bass.  The hit counter went over 100,000.  Unbelievable!  When I started this blog just over two years ago, I envisioned it as a local informational site.  At the time, I thought maybe a thousand hits a year.  Little did I know that striper fishermen from all over the East Coast would be visiting this site looking for information on the greatest gamefish to ever swim our waters, the striped bass. I have met fishermen at the Cape, in Gansett Bay, and along RI's oceanfront who have visited the site. I also see fishermen at some of the big shows in Worcester and Springfield in the wintertime who have been to the site for information.  Heck, I am sometimes walking in a mall and someone will come up to me and ask if I'm the guy who runs the RI Striped Bass website. It's crazy.
I will continue to try to bring my readers and followers the latest info on striper fishing here in RI, and hopefully, this will increase your catches as well as your enjoyment of the sport.  Good luck in the upcoming fall season and thanks for making my blog a great success.
Dave Pickering