Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sad News....Tim Coleman Passes Away

The RI saltwater fishing community lost a giant today as Tim Coleman, long time editor of the Fisherman magazine, passed away.  The Providence Journal is reporting that his body was found in back of Weekapaug Breachway.   Here is the link: http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2012/05/fishermans-body.html
While I never fished with Tim, I knew him from my dealings at The Fisherman magazine and I spoke with him many times.  You knew from talking with him he had a passion for fishing and it was something he truly loved, whether it was casting from shore for stripers or blues or hauling in codfish from a boat.  He was one of my favorite writers of all time, and his passion for fishing always came through in his magazine articles and editorials. He will be missed.