Thursday, May 17, 2012

Check Out This Story in The Fisherman Magazine

If you are looking for information on one of the hottest artificial combos to use for stripers right now, check out this week's issue (May 17, issue #20)  of The Fisherman magazine.  I wrote a feature article titled "Stripers on the Float 'n' Plastic.  The article outlines everything you need to know about fishing the float and plastic rig from rigging to actual fishing to spots this might work.  It is one of the deadliest lure combos to catch stripers (schoolies as well as keepers) from shore, especially when fishing windy and rough conditions.
This article is the first of many that I will be writing for The Fisherman this year.  I met the new editor, Toby Lapinski, at one of the big shows this winter and he told me he goes to my blog just about every day.  He also said he read everything I wrote years ago when he started striper fishing.  Well, I was flattered. So, when he asked if I had any ideas for stories for The Fisherman, I was quick to reply.
The Fisherman magazine is sold at numerous tackle stores around the state.  For subscription info, call 860-572-0564.