Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Boys Outfish the Old Man Today


What can I say.  I taught them everything they know about fishing so on occasion, the sons show up the father. It happened that way tonight. First off, my son, Ben, is out slugging it out in the rough and stormy surf along the oceanfront.  Smart boy....I taught him far better to fish rough water than calm conditions.  And, it paid off today as he landed a 33 inch striper (see photo at right) along with a decent schoolie while tossing a float and Cocahoe into white water.  My son, Jon, went out with me in the upper Bay.  Tough conditions tonight with a very strong wind, dirty water and a big tide.  Well, Jon got the only fish, a decent size one (see photo at left) that was close to keeper size that he nailed on a Zoom fluke on a jighead.  So, the boys showed up the father tonight.  Hey, I'll get 'em back this week!