Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Some Fish Like it HOT

I landed this 20 lb. carp this morning. The carp 
fishing has been as hot as the weather in the 
last few days.

 Well, the weather is certainly hot.  Wish I could say the same for the striper fishing. However, I do know a fish that just loves this hot weather and is hitting well right now.  Carp have always been my ace in the hole that can bend a rod and provide great action when things are not going well in the salt.

During this heat wave I have been fishing for carp just about every morning until about mid day. I'm having very good luck fishing close to home as I've gotten 16 fish in the last three days. These have ranged from small 4 lb. footballs to hogs of over 20 lbs.

I've often written about carp as being great alternatives to fish for when stripers are not around such as during the winter and early spring.  But, they can also provide great action in periods of slow striper fishing which is right now.

There's a learning curve to carp fishing, and it would take you a long time to figure it out on your own.  My carp fishing is all done Euro style with the use of hair rigs and innovative baiting which includes using boilies, artificials and real baits. The Internet has a lot of good ideas on how to Euro carp fish. If you are interested in it, you might want to check out my blog at  www.ricarpfishing.blogspot.com The blog is quite popular here in the US, and I get a lot of pageviews from Europe and Asia!