Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Winding Down?

 

Most of the stripers lately have been schoolies
under 20 inches. Bucktail jigs and 3 inch NLBN
paddle tails have been the hot lures.

Normally I don't fish the oceanfront much after Thanksgiving, but I have had such good success lately that I am still fishing. While most of the fish of late November have been smaller schoolies (fish we have not seen most of the year), there are still some good fish around. I am also getting them in multiple spots along the oceanfront. On Thanksgiving evening/night I landed 9 bass with 3 slots and one over slot. I went back two days later and landed 7 bass, all under 20 inches. Yesterday afternoon/ evening I went out again and got skunked for the first time in weeks.  Is it winding down? I think so but there are still fish trickling through and with a little effort I think you can still find some action. I plan to give it another week or so.