Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Should Be Better

 This should be the peak of the fall fishing.  Instead, we are looking at a November lull that has brought only fair to poor striper fishing along much of the oceanfront these first seven days of November.  I've done a lot of driving around in November looking for fish, and I have seen and caught very little- way off compared to other years.  In the last three days, I have seen no birds working or fish breaking anywhere.  I have had to resort to slugging it out in some rough white water where I was able to pick up a fish here and there.  Today I fished for about four hours in multiple spots in daylight and darkness and landed only two schoolies. I saw other people fishing yet did not see another fish landed. 

As the calendar ticks away, we are staring at about two and one half to three weeks of worthwhile fishing left. The season is quickly winding down, but I do feel we will have more good fishing.  I suspect we will have one more push of fish and bait along the RI oceanfront in mid November.  

In the past, November has been blockbuster month for striper fishing in RI.  So far, it's been a dud. Hopefully, it will change.

This is one of a couple of schoolies landed today on the 
float and NLBN paddle tail.  Fishing in November has
been a disappointment so far.