Tuesday, November 21, 2023

From Cold to HOT- Fishing Picks up Dramatically!

 

It's been red hot fishing in the last four days for me.
The fish are all sizes from 15 inches to 40 inches!

You never know what's going to happen in this game. I had been having a fair to poor November like everyone else, and I was just about ready to give it up when suddenly my luck turned around. The last 4 days/nights have been super good for me- over 60 stripers. While most of these fish have been schoolies, I've also had some real impressive fish in the 30 to 40 inch range.  This has come with just about no other fishermen around since many have given up or they've chosen to stay home in this frigid weather. I'm catching good numbers both after dark and in the daytime and in multiple spots, so everything seems to be working right now.

What has touched this off in the places that I'm fishing is a sudden run of peanut bunker that I have not seen all month. Yesterday I saw big numbers of stripers blasting them out of the water at times as the bass were in a feeding frenzy. The lure that has worked great for me has been a 3 inch NLBN paddle tail on a half ounce jighead.  In places where I need a long cast I am fishing this off a float. Where a long cast is not needed, I fish it alone.  When the stripers are on peanut bunker, there is no better lure to use than the NLBN paddle tail.

So, while the fishing may be winding down for some, it is still going pretty well for me. How long will it continue?  Don't know, but I do plan to keep fishing while the goings good.