Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Finally, A Big Night at the Oceanfront

I was a night of abundant schoolie
along the oceanfront.  The hot lure
was the Cocahoe.

 For me, the Bay has been the hotspot for striper fishing this spring, though I have caught on and off along the oceanfront this spring. Because of the inconsistency along the oceanfront, I haven't fished much at the oceanfront. Because the tides were not favorable in the spots I like to fish in the Bay, I decided to try the oceanfront tonight. I had my best night of the year numbers-wise.  I landed very good numbers of fish while fishing some rough, white water with a wind in my face.  Perfect conditions.  My best lure tonight was a 4-inch Cocahoe mounted onto a 3/4 ounce jighead. All of tonight's fish were schoolies, far smaller than the abundant slots I have been catching in the Bay. Still, many of tonight's stripers were hefty schoolies around 24 inches.  Nothing wrong with that.

In addition to the hot fishing, I was treated to one of the best rainbows I have ever seen over the water. A real bonus.  Check it out below!


I was treated to this spectacular rainbow tonight.