Friday, April 21, 2023

NLBN (No Live Bait Needed) Paddle Tails so Effective

The NLBN paddle tail is super
effective when stripers are 
feeding on peanut bunker.

 I am really on a lucky streak this spring, and it just continued today with a mid day blitz of fish. I walked into a spot to find birds diving, and big stripers busting after schools of peanut bunker. It looked like an October blitz, something you NEVER find in April. But, there it was right in front of me and not a fishermen anywhere.

I knew from last fall that my most effective artificial to use when stripers were feeding on peanut bunker was a NLBN paddle tail.  So, I pulled a three inch model from my bag that was threaded on a half ounce jighead.  As soon the jig hit the water, I turned a few cranks of the reel, and bang, I was onto a good fish.  I landed this one, a beautiful 30 inch slot fish.  More fish were caught, and more fish hit the jig until the bait moved away and the action subsided.

This paddle tail can be found at https://nolivebaitneeded.com/ . I especially like the 3 inch white model (think they call it butter).  It comes with its own jighead that has a screw type attachment that is very durable. What separates this paddle tail from others like a Cocahoe is its very tight wiggle on the retrieve that stripers find so enticing.  It's also softer than other paddle tails. It's also far more expensive at over a buck a tail.

With big numbers of peanut bunker already in place, this paddle tail should be a hot number this spring.

I've got my thumb in the jaw of a 30 inch slot that grabbed
my NLBN paddle tail.