Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Finally!

 

My first albie of the year is in the books.  They
have been around in good numbers if you can
find them.

I landed my first albie of the year today from RI waters.  I know they have been around for close to 2 weeks, but I have been out of it while recovering from COVID.  Between the sickness and the after affects, it knocked the crap out of me for close to 2 weeks.  But, I have fully recovered and am back to fishing.

Today, I specifically targeted albies. I fished a location in which I saw none showing, but they were there.  On my second cast with a Colt Sniper (green) I had an albie come up and blast my offering. Several casts later, I was onto my first one for the year. I ended up getting a couple of more fish along with several more hits.  So, successful afternoon.

The albies are around in good numbers along the RI shore if you can find them. They have spread out into many locations.  My son Jon has been consistently getting good numbers in the last couple of weeks in different spots.  His best lure has been a wooden egg float and fly (pink Deceiver). My fish today all fell for metal- the Colt Sniper and a Kastmaster XL.