Friday, September 9, 2022

Big Push of Albies Hits the Oceanfront

 They are in! Like a light switch turning on, they suddenly appeared this week and in big numbers in places. Albies are tough fish to catch for the most part, and when you can get a couple, you have had a good day.  But, when guys from shore are catching 10, 15 and even 20 albies in one outing, you know the fishing has to be phenomenal. While the majority of the fish have been in one location most of this week, I saw signs today that they were spreading out as I saw albies breaking in multiple locations along the oceanfront in some very rough water. I wish I could report that I got one, but the few in front of me had lockjaw.  Earlier in the week,  my son Jon landed big numbers of them with the float and fly (pink Deceiver) scoring the best.  Unfortunately, illness kept me sick at home and I missed this hot early season albie action.