Thursday, April 14, 2022

Not Much to Report

Wish I could tell you that it was a new,
migrating fish, but judging from the 
spot where I caught it, I'm pretty
sure it was a holdover.

 I wish I could tell you that the migrating fish were in, but they are not.  I've been trying along the oceanfront, and I know other fishermen who have been trying. I spent a lot of time casting yesterday with no luck on new, migrating fish.

I did, however, manage to try a holdover location and came away with a near slot. I was quite surprised that this fish hit a Rebel Jumpin' Minnow on the top.  The traditional thinking is that jigs are the way to go at this time of year, but after trying a jig for quite a while with no luck, I decided to snap on the minnow.  Several casts later, this fish blasted the topwater lure, and I was on.

I plan to continue hitting the oceanfront in the next couple of days. The way I see it, any day now!