Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Fish Spreading Out All Over

Sea lice is on the tail of this schoolie.
Most of the fish taken today were
loaded with sea lice.
I headed down to the oceanfront today to fish different areas.  I put on the waders, walked and plugged along a sandy beachfront.  I ended up landing 17 schoolies with some hefty fish in the 25 inch range.  Got most of them on Cocahoes. While I was catching in my location, my son, Jon, was fishing an area several miles north of where I was.  He reports landing 26 schoolies and one hickory shad on shrimp fly teasers and Cocahoes.  At the same time, my friend Dennis was fishing 20 miles north of us up in the Bay.  He called to tell me he landed 18 schoolies up to near keeper size.  He was getting them on Slug-Gos and Red Gill teasers.
The fish are now ALL OVER the place and you can catch them whether you are fishing the oceanfront or the Bay.  It's simply a matter of getting out there and fishing.  Spring schoolie fishing is hitting its stride right now.  It's happening.

A Cocahoe matched with a shrimp fly teaser accounted for this double header.
Fish are now plentiful in the Bay as well as along the oceanfront.