Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Off and Running

This is one of 16 schoolies that I landed this evening.
Suddenly, loads of fish have moved along the RI oceanfront.
Things have improved greatly along the oceanfront.  The spring run of stripers is finally in full swing going from a trickle last week to a torrent of fish this week.
I saw loads of them caught today in multiple spots. What impressed me was the size.  I had two fish that were near keepers and loads of others that I would describe as good size schoolies in the 20-24 inch range. I saw about a hundred fish landed today in these size ranges.  One guy told me he saw a 29 inch fish landed yesterday.  And, get this.  There were a couple of guys who had a Cocahoe cut in half tonight. Yes, I suspect there are some early blues in the mix.  With super warm weather on the way, I predict I will see a blue or two taken in the next couple of days.
So, it's finally here and with favorable weather coming, it looks like a big week of fishing is on the way along the RI oceanfront. IT HAS BEGUN!