Thursday, July 21, 2011

Change in Location Leads to More Action





Last night I decided to change the location I was fishing. I was spending a lot of time in the Bay and catching little. So, I moved to the oceanfront where I found better fishing for stripers.

Realize things are not great down there either. I fished from evening into the night and landed three schoolies though I had a least a half dozen more hits. They were taking small Hogys fished off a float. I used the float because I needed to get a long cast in the place I was fishing. These fish were all clones. They measured about 20-22 inches and were very skinny. It's obvious from the way these fish looked that there is little bait around. I also found no fish breaking and no bait.


I suspect that the cooler water along the oceanfront (low 70's) means that you have fish that are more active than you find in the Bay where the water is running from the mid 70's to 80 degrees. With temperatures in the 90's for the next few days, the oceanfront is your best bet for fishing.