Monday, January 1, 2024

Celebrating New Year's Day.....From the Kayak!

 

This hefty schoolie was one
of three that I landed today
from the Yak.

I'm on the board for 2024.

I went out today on New Year's Day in my kayak, the first adventure of the year in the yak.  I had low expectations but was fishing a winter holdover location. I figured one striper, any size, would be an accomplishment. Well, I ended up with three of them along with another hit. They were all schoolies from 20 to 24 inches.  All were caught on NLBN paddle tails.

One New Year's resolution for me is to fish more from the kayak this year.  Last year on many occasions that I went out, I landed staggering numbers of fish, sometimes under a noon day sun. And, I had a lot of big ones in the 30 to 40 inch range. There was rarely anyone else fishing in the spots I frequented, much like today. No crowds to deal with and good numbers of fish- can't beat it!