Friday, January 28, 2022

On an Ice Fishing Roll

 

I landed this good size largemouth 
today in one of my favorite jigging
ponds.  The fish hit a small Kastmaster
that had a meal worm attached.

It's been like the good ole times for me. In between skiing, I've been going ice fishing and catching big time.  I only jig when I ice fish.  I move around a lot from hole to hole looking for any type of fish that is willing to hit my small gold Kastmaster with a meal worm attached. I'm fishing some high percentage spots that used to produce a lot years ago when we had cold winters. This week I caught good numbers of yellow perch, bluegills, pickerel, crappie and largemouth bass.  Today I landed a real good size largemouth, one of the biggest I have caught in years. I got this on a twig of a rod, a small reel and just six pound test line. It took a bit of skill and a lot of luck just to get this biggie through the hole! This is certainly the year to get back to ice fishing, and I am really enjoying it!