Saturday, December 4, 2021

Bottom Line- They're Still Around!

Here's another one
that was landed tonight.
Earlier in the week,
I landed two slot limit
keepers after dark. 
 
Here's a hefty schoolie that was
landed this afternoon along the 
oceanfront.

I was out fishing saltwater two days ago and today. Surprisingly, I
found good numbers of stripers and even some hickory shad.  I saw birds working along the oceanfront.  I saw small schools of peanut bunker moving along the shore and I saw stripers whirling for bait.  If you didn't know it was December, you'd think I was fishing in October. Very strange; very unusual.

In these two days/evenings of fishing, I landed exactly 13 stripers and two hickory shad.  You will be surprised to learn that two of the stripers were slot limit keepers in the 28 to 30 inch range.  The rest were schoolies that ranged from a foot long to 24 inches. All the fish were caught on various jigs...some bucktails, some plastic bodies on jigheads. I got some fish in the daylight; some fish at night. The two keepers were landed after dark.

It's certainly not hot and heavy fishing all over the place and you probably have to do a lot of looking to find some fish.  But, here's the bottom line.....they are still around!