Friday, June 27, 2014

Rare Event: TWO Keepers from Shore!

Both keepers hit a white Slug-Go.
This is the first of two keepers.
I did something I had not been able to do yet this year, and that is catch two keepers from shore on the same outing.  Finally, a night with no schoolies.  Admittedly, these were small keepers in the 28-30 inch range, but nonetheless, they were keepers.
The surprising thing about tonight is that I fished the upper Bay. Usually by this time it is only a few schoolies left there so it even surprised me that I would find keepers in this area.  Both fish hit a white, 7 1/2 inch Slug-Go.  In addition, I also had several other big whirls, keepers I assume, along with a couple of smaller bangs.  I had all the action in the daylight of the evening.  I stayed after dark but could not get a hit in the darkness.

This is the second of two keepers landed in the upper Bay tonight from
shore.  Both were caught in the evening light on Slug-Gos.
So, I guess you just never know what is going to happen.  It is just a matter of getting out and fishing, and sometimes you just get lucky as I did tonight.