Thursday, October 21, 2021

Fishing Hot and Cold

Last week's fishing was red hot for me.
It's a different story in the last few 
days as the bait and fish have moved on.

 Last week there was real hot fishing; this week not so good.  The stripers seem to be on the move following massive bait schools. Find the bait and you almost surely find a lot of bass. No bait....it's nearly impossible to pick up a loner striper. Today I burned a lot of that $3.40 gas as I hit many far south beachfront and breachway locations and worked my way northward.  I found nothing.  It was the first time in months that I did not even get a hit.  I saw no bait, no birds working and no fish.  I made a lot of casts hoping for a loner, but it just wasn't happening. 

October, so far, has been an on and off deal.  Interestingly, September offered far better and more consistent fishing. I still think the best fall fishing will happen in November so long as we don't see any severe weather events. We'll see.