Saturday, June 11, 2022

Simply Phenomenal

 

It was big stripers (slots and over slots) along with
gator blues today.

Jon and I went out again this morning in out kayaks.  The wind was dead calm so it made for a pleasant day on the Bay.  Whether it's rough or dead calm, if you can find the pogies and you will likely find the fish.  And, we found all the pogies we could ask for.  There were big schools of them and just about every school had big bass AND big blues under them.  It was mayhem at times as we hooked up one fish after another on this memorable day.  The stripers went 32 to 42 inches while the 'gator  blues were in the teens.

As you can gather from my posts, this has been a banner year for fishing in Narragansett Bay for larger stripers and blues.  Great for me since it is close to home, and I'm burning little gas.  It's all a boating/kayaking thing.  It's looking more and more like that Old Town Sportsman PDL kayak is one of the best purchases I ever made! I'm catching a lot of big fish and getting a lot of exercise to boot!

Slot bass and over slots were abundant once again
today.