Monday, November 15, 2021

Back in Business

 

This is one of many schoolies from
14 to 25 inches that I landed today.
I got them all on jigs.
The fishing is back after a dismal
stretch of weather.

Finally, fishable water! And, surprise, surprise, the fish were there!  I found very good numbers of schoolies in a couple of different spots today. I even saw birds working way out in one place along with a few gannets dive-bombing onto bait.  So, slowly, fishing is returning to normal after a dismal and very stormy few days.

The one glaring take-away from today was that there was just about no one fishing. Most places I went to were very fishable, but no one was there. Maybe it was the cold weather or the fact that the fishing has sucked in recent days.  Whatever, I can tell you it's way too early to hang up the gear. The fish are still around in good numbers. We have a solid couple of weeks left to the season, maybe more.