Saturday, July 6, 2019

Hot Plug of the Week- Yo-Zuri Hydro Minnow

This Yo-Zuri Hydro Minnow
was the hot number for
me this week
I caught a lot of fish this week, and my hottest plug of the week turned out to be a Yo-Zuri Hyro Minnow in a green mackerel color.  I've written about this plug in the spring, and then I was doing well with a white version.  The place where I was fishing this week had mackerel for bait
so I went with the mackerel color, and it worked like a charm for large schoolies and small keepers.
This near keeper was landed using the Hydro Minnow. There
were mackerel around so the green mackerel color was
a logical choice.
I really like this plug, and it is fast becoming my go to thin profiled plastic swimmer. This plug is heavy duty...no modifications needed right out of the box.  It sports heavy duty split rings, heavy duty anchors and comes with 3X hooks.  I was using the 6 3/4 inch model this week which weighs 1 3/4 ounces.  It casts like a bullet as the weight inside moves to the rear on the cast.  As is the case with these thin plastic swimmers, it comes in with a tight, alluring wiggle that makes it mimic the real thing.