Wednesday, April 17, 2019

SOME

Here's the first one of the year for me.  I've gotten some in the
last few days, but have not run into big numbers of fish.
I've been out fishing a lot in the last few days, and I can report that there are some stripers around. Some. There has been no big numbers of fish in this initial push of migrating fish, and I am guessing that most of the guys and gals who have been trying along the south shore have not gotten anything yet. The big numbers are just not here yet. But, I have landed some in the last few days, and that is the start of it for me.
As I have preached all along, Cocahoes have caught all the fish for me.  Most of the fish I am catching have been in the 16 to 20 inch range, typical for the first arrivals, but I also had a near keeper yesterday.  All of these are fresh sea run fish because they are bright colors and loaded with sea lice.
It's only a matter of time, maybe a few days, until we really begin to see big numbers of schoolies and maybe even some small keepers.