Thursday, April 19, 2018

Holdovers....Only Show in Town

This is one of ten holdovers that I landed in a backwater
location this evening.  I could find no fish along the oceanfront
today.  Just too cold.
Rumors are swirling about some fish being caught along the oceanfront, but I haven't found any yet.  I went down today and fished a number of places along the south shore oceanfront.  I never had a hit, and never saw another fisherman. That kind of tells you that not much is going on.
The only action I was able to find was in a backwater location towards dark where I landed a number of holdover stripers.  These were all schoolies which hit a zoom fluke mounted on a jighead. The holdover game seems to be the only show in town right now.
With more favorable weather coming this weekend into next week, that might just get things going. Let's hope so!