Sunday, March 12, 2017

2 MILLION

We have quietly gone over two million pageviews on the blog. Amazing!
I know there is huge and dedicated following because I constantly meet fishermen from all over New England.  I meet them at the fishing shows, along the water, in malls and even in some strange places.  I was skiing the other day at Wachusett Mountain and a guy came up to me and asked if I was the fisherman who wrote the RI striper blog. I can't believe he recognized me because I was all geared up in winter clothes, helmet, goggles, etc.
The guys and gals who are regular followers are in the thousands, and many have said how much they appreciate the info on the blog. One guy told me he checks it in the morning with his coffee, at lunch and again in the evening.....EVERY DAY! I can also tell you from my stats page that there are increasing numbers of readers from all over the world and there is a good following coming from the UK. Hmm, maybe tourist/fishermen who visit the East Coast. I also notice that the pageviews for my posts have really gone up this winter.  I suspect cabin fevered fishermen are going back and reading past posts.
So, thanks to everyone who frequents the blog. Watch the blog in the next month because soon we will REALLY have something to write about. It's coming!