Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Shore Fishing in Bay Busts Open

Yesterday I went fishing for stripers at the ocean.  I was there four and a half hours and landed 9 fish.  Today I fished the upper Bay from shore and had 9 schoolies in ten minutes!  Yes, I found some real hot fishing today from shore in the Bay and landed a total of 22 schoolies.  These were all decent fish that ran from 16-24 inches, far bigger on average than I have seen along the oceanfront.  They were all caught on albino Zoom flukes mounted on a lightweight jighead.  At the same time I was getting them in the upper Bay a friend of mine was fishing a mid bay location and he reports seeing schoolies landed there this evening.  Clearly, the stripers are all over the Bay right now.  It is just a matter of moving around, doing a lot of casting and finding the good numbers of fish.