Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pogies......I Found Them, Big Time

Rest assured it won't be a pogie-less year. I was out fishing from the shore in the upper Bay and I saw the menhaden big time. I spotted many schools in one area. At one point I saw a school that was hundreds of yards in length. There were only a couple of boats on them since the night was very foggy and there were few boats around. The pogies have arrived just in time for Memorial Day weekend, a big weekend for boaters here in the state. With the arrival of these large menhaden, I am sure there are places where large bass and huge blues can be found close to these schools of bait. Looks like it is shaping up to be a big weekend of fishing in the Bay.
And, I did get fish from shore tonight. There are good numbers of schoolies close to shore for those who want to plug with light tackle. Just one more option for the upcoming weekend.