Thursday, April 21, 2011

From a Trickle to a Deluge



There has been a trickle of fish moving into the Upper Bay all week. I was picking up a fish or two every outing. These were small fish so I knew they were new fish. However, the floodgates opened today in that warm weather and strong northwest winds. For a solid hour, I banged one fish after another getting a hit or a fish on just about every cast of my albino super Zoom fluke mounted onto a 3/8 oz. jighead (see photo). These were all new arrivals. They were bright, feisty and hungry. Typical of what we see in the Upper Bay at this time, these fish measured 15-20 inches though I had one fish that went about 25 inches (see photo). This is really the start of good spring fishing in the Upper Bay, an area close to home that I plan to really concentrate on in the coming weeks.