Monday, February 7, 2022

The GLORY Hole!

 

This hole produced over 20 fish
in a short amount of time.

The hot ice fishing that I have been experiencing lately just continues.  I went out on this drizzly winter day and only jigged two holes.  I didn't have to move because I hit the jackpot in one of them.  One hole produced over 20 fish in a short period of time.  The 20 included loads of variety.  I landed sunfish, bluegills, yellow perch, white perch, crappie, a largemouth bass and a large pickerel. Hard to believe that all these fish would be hanging around together on the bottom, but they were.

I got all my fish jigging a small gold Kastmaster along with a meal worm attached to the end. I can report 8 to 9 inches of ice in the pond I was fishing.

One observation.....there have been very few ice fishermen around these days. Years ago you'd see a lot more.  Another observation is that the fishing is as good as I have ever seen it. And, I have been fishing multiple spots and it's been the same all over. Maybe the decreased pressure and lack of (or little) ice fishing activity in recent years has allowed the fish to multiple.  Not sure, but few people and lots of fish. 

A big surprise today was this good size white perch.
I have been fishing this pond for years and never saw
a white perch there!