Saturday, September 5, 2020

NEWSFLASH...ALBIES HIT THE RI OCEANFRONT!

They have arrived. This is my first
albie this year!

The albies have arrived in a big way.  From nothing to good numbers of them in a day!

I went out in the boat with my brother Steve today and we found them breaking in a wide expanse of the RI oceanfront. While there were lots of individual fish breaking, there were also groups of them exploding on the surface.  I landed two of them and got several other hits. I got one of them on a Kastmaster XL and the other on a chartreuse Deceiver fished off a float. I know of many others that were taken from boats today as well as good numbers landed in one shore location.

The word quickly spread of their arrival as we saw lots of boaters trying for them as well as lots of people from shore casting for them.  A fish pandemic has arrived. Albie fever has spread to RI waters!